Make Beauty Nails

Beauty Nails Tips to Have a Good Nails, you can make your nails beauty facial and body skin care..

A few recent N/KOTDs

I've been a posting fool tonight because we never did make it to the beach. It was going to be too cold and rainy, so we decided to scrap it until next week. I don't mind going to the beach when it's cooler, but I don't like it when it's gross. I can do gloomy in Knoxville. LOL.

Anyway, for my last post of the evening, I have a few recent N/KOTDs to show you. These are some that I've had hidden away on my camera for the past week or so.


OPI Glacier Bay Blues



GBB is from OPI's 2004 Fall Canadian collection. In the bottle, it's a pretty, dark blue that looks like it may have some green undertones. True to the name, it looks very watery. And it's one of those rare polishes that surprise you when you get them on the nail. It wasn't just deep blue (the pic is far lighter than it is IRL). It was a dark blue duochrome with a sometimes purple/sometimes green flash. There's also a touch of golden shimmer. I think this color just shot it's way into my top 20. It's seriously one of the best blues I own, and given my penchant for blues in recent months, that's saying something.

It's d/c'd, of course, but you can still find it on eBay and at etailers. I got mine on TD for $4.99. If you love blues and see this one still available, I recommend you pick it up before it's gone for good. It's worth it. :)

Next up...



OPI Rose to the Ovation

Now, I've waxed on poetically about RttO in the past. It, too, is in my top 20. It's from OPI's Holiday 2006 Rockettes collection. I have 4 from this collection and this, by far, is my favorite. As for the color, at first glance, you want to lump it in the OPI INRAW, Bogota Blackberry, Soho Nice to Meet You family. It's when you take a longer look at the color, that you realize that the only thing it has in common with those colors is that they are all in the red family (though SNTMY is, IMO, closer than the other 2). RttO is a gorgeous deep rose shimmer. That's the only way I know how to descibe it. It really is gorgeous and it's one of my go-to colors when I have no clue what else to wear.

It's been d/c'd (sense a theme?) and, as far as I know, no etailers have it. You can still get it on eBay, but the prices are pretty inflated. I managed to snag it for $7, but it looks like the going rate now is $25. I've said in the past that it's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it, but as much as I love it, I have to say that unless you are jonesing for it like crack, it's not unique enough for $25. Plus, eBay scalpers are pissing me off right now. Every time I see Boulder Creek Boutique (there are others, but she, especially, chaps my ass) charging outrageous prices for polishes I want to smack her through the computer (can you tell I'm lemming something really bad and I just can't allow myself pull the trigger on it? pssst... it's OPI Grand Teton Topaz... one day GTT... one day).

Okay, that went off on a tangent. Whoopsie. (blush) If you love it and can't find it, Soho Nice to Meet you is a nice compromise. It doesn't match exactly, as it's got more red in it, but it is close. Of course, it, too, is d/c'd. However, it's much easier to find that RttO. And it's about $6 compared to $25.


Lastly...



ChG Emerald Sparkly with ChG Cherish konad (sorry about the hair. That's really gross, but I wanted you to see the pic)

A few days ago, Scrangie had a post about Depression Awareness Month. Having struggled with depression my entire teen through adult life, and currently dealing with a bout of it due to our job situation, I decide to recognize the month with an Emerald Sparkle/Cherish konad. I used the bow plate (m59) as Konad does not have a ribbon plate.

Emerald Sparkle is a dark green jelly with a crap-ton of green glitter crammed into it. It has been HTF for awhile, as it's a holiday polish, but ChG has re-released it in the China Glaze Loves You Snow Much collection for Holiday 2009. This is one I got off VNS as few months ago, so I don't know if it's the good version or the not-so-good version (I think the good one supposedly has a deeper base), but I love it no matter what.

You can get Cherish online at etailers, and Emerald Sparkle is available at etailers as well, but you can probably find it at Sally's soon, though I haven't seen it at mine yet, due to the re-release.

Okay, that should be it for now. No updates to post on the job front, other than the mention that every job I interview for mentions that they have many applicants to chose from. Nice. The one I interviewed at yesterday, which was $9/hr and no benefits, had 45. FORTY-FIVE. Good thing I don't really want it. Oh well. The right job will come along.
Bagikan :
+
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar untuk "A few recent N/KOTDs"

 
Template By Kunci Dunia
Back To Top