Make Beauty Nails

Beauty Nails Tips to Have a Good Nails, you can make your nails beauty facial and body skin care..

So the acrylic experiment didn't go so well...

I'm sorry for not posting for several days, but I've been in acrylic hell and I haven't really felt like showing off my nails.

Maybe I was doing them wrong or maybe the tip and dip kit just sucked, but they didn't last for more than 24 hours, in some cases, before they started lifting. I did 2 sets on me and a set on my mom and none of them lasted longer than 2 days. :( I've given up and gone back to glue-ons with a promise to myself to entirely soak off the suckers.

So anyway, while I was dealing w/ the acrylics mess, I did manage to take a couple of NOTD pics. Please pardon the acrylics, I know they don't look the best, and my cuticles are sad in a couple of them, but at least you can see the colors, right? :)

Okay, here's ChG Thunderbird




This is from the new Retro Diva collection. When I first saw the publicity pics and the swatch pics on ALU, I wasn't intrigued. Then Scrangie swatched them and I was a fan. I liked Thunderbird because it looked so similar to Zoya Isla (from the new Truth or Dare collection), but I didn't have to order (and use) a Zoya, because in recent months, my Zoya love has wained. I can't stand to use their little brushes and the formula just doesn't work for me. :(


Anyway, Thunderbird is so beautiful and while similar to several colors in my stash, specifically OPI INRAW and Bogota Blackberry (I'll make a separate post showing them side-by-side). It's a dark red shimmer than has this blackened thing going on that makes it just glow and sets it apart from other similar colors.


Once I took Thunderbird off, I did another mani on the acrylics using CC Revvvolution and ChG Adore konad. Here's a pic:





I thought this was so pretty on the nail itself, but once you factored in my skintone, I didn't really like it. I got Revvvolution because of it's similarities to OPI My Private Jet. I'd been wanting to try MPJ, but considering all the different versions, I didn't feel comfortabe ordering it from an e-tailer. Didn't want to play MPJ-roulette. :P

Revvvoltion is a pretty charcoal base with holo shimmer. I think this will be very nice for using as a konad color and on shorter nails. I like longer nails on other people and I envy those who can wear any color on their long nails, but certain colors look like poo on me if I leave my nails longer.

So after I took this pic, I started soaking off the acrylics. I've given up and I'm going back to my Nailenes. I put on CC Coastal Creme and let me just say that I love this color. Both CCs I've tried, CC and Revvv, have been excellent in application. CC did need 3 coats on my thumbs because of a little streaking, but that's it. It's a beautiful creme cream. That sounded weird.

Then today, I applied a konad design using ChG Joy. Here's a pic:



My cuticles are a bit dark from the Revvvolution. As hard as I tried, I could not make it all go away. I have to say that this is probably my favorite konad thus far. I love the ChG Romantiques for konadding, but more on that in a later post.

That's all for now. I will have more either tonight or tomorrow when I get another chance to sit down.
Bagikan :
+
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar untuk "So the acrylic experiment didn't go so well..."

 
Template By Kunci Dunia
Back To Top