Make Beauty Nails

Beauty Nails Tips to Have a Good Nails, you can make your nails beauty facial and body skin care..

Let's talk about hair...

and if you don't give a damn then skip it. :-) So it's January and back in July of 2010, I shaved my head. I was so sick of the relaxer and it was more trouble than it was worth. My hair wasn't cute. It was dry and overprocessed and I really didn't have the patience to transition. That's why I shaved it. See?


Fast forward to months later and my hair is just not doing what I like. It's not where I want it and it's shedding like a mothertrucker.


Enter The Moptop Maven.  Two days before Christmas she announces a healthy hair challenge and asks who is in. I jump on that bad boy like white on rice. Why? Because I want good hair damnit. I decided to go the Natural/Ayurvedic route. It seems like it'll be easy.

First I had to learn what the herbs do and then I ordered them. In the box they smell fine, almost like a tea. Mixed together? This $4!+ smells like curry. :-/ Ugh! I don't like it but you know what? I will continue to use these little Indian herbs if it will give me what I want.




Right before I started the challenge....


So like I said, I get all these herbs and stuff and get to mixing. First up is the preshampoo treatment which consists of using Vatika Oil once a week and letting it sit on your hair for 45min-1hr. Why? It moisturizes and nourishes your hair follicles. It stinks too LOL

After you rinse that out, you have to cleanse your scalp right? So you take 2 TBSP of Alma and Shikakai and 1 TBSP of Hibiscus and mix that with enough water to make a paste. Stinky again LOL but whatever works right?

Alma- stimulates hair growth and strengthens your roots
Shikakai- natural cleanser, mild conditioner and also promotes hair growth
Hibiscus- does the above and prevents hair loss but also thickens hair.



Looks crazy right? Then you want to condition your hair. Now here I like my conditioner to be creamy. And this is what you do according to the Moptop Maven's website.

Creamy Conditioning Mix 1
1/4 cup VO5 Moisture Milks; Strawberries & Creme Conditioner 
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 tbs Hibiscus Petal Powder
2 tbs Brahmi Powder
2 tbs Bhringraj Powder 
In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together and use immediately. Gently section your hair, and use an applicator brush to generously apply the mixture starting at the scalp, and working your way down the hair shaft. Cover with a plastic cap and allow mixture to sit on head for about 45minutes-hour. 
Once Weekly 


This one smells like the strawberry conditioner. I dont smell anything but this.





Now Ive only been doing this for 3 weeks but I can already tell that there is less shedding. So who knows how it will work long term but even though I smell like curry, I dont care as long as this works.
After I've done all of this I just style as usually with Karen's Body Beautiful hair milk, a little jojoba oil to seal in the moisture.

If you really wanna try this, check out Maven's website. She explains it all. 

Bagikan :
+
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar untuk "Let's talk about hair..."

 
Template By Kunci Dunia
Back To Top